Thursday, March 13, 2014

living room re-do

I finally got some pictures of the living room. It still needs the finishing touches, but that will come over time, since (a.) I don't really know what I want, and (b.) I need to make up my mind and do some shopping!! I still need to do something with the coffee table. I am loving all the weathered/reclaimed wood tables, so that's the route I'd like to go. I found the PERFECT side table in Marshall's the other day but Peter thought it was hideous and discouraged me from buying it. Mom is going to check it out for me today and hopefully, bring it home! It is weathered wood and was just so odd looking. It would be the perfect piece for our living room.  I still need a few things for the bookcases. For now, I'm using a few things I already had, but hope to swap out for a few new pieces. We are loving how everything turned out. I am going to do a before/during/after post, but for now, here are a few pictures of the room.

Love how the built-in turned out!

Using teal/turquoise as my pop of color.

I love these curtains (purchased from World Market).

This side of the room is so bare right now, but I'm working on it. :0)

The door trim turned out great. 
I just went with oak planks instead of the standard moulding. 

I added a decorative piece at the corners.




1 comment:

Ashley Eskridge said...

It looks great and looks like a completely different living room!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...