Monday, September 16, 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book: September



Outside my window....it's a beautiful, warm, sunny, fall-like day {love it!!!}.

I am thinking....about the boys. Nathan is in Baltimore {will be home on Wednesday}, Logan & Lindsey are on vacation in OBX {will get home tonight, then Logan back to work on Wednesday}.

I am thankful....for my awesome job!! :O)

In the kitchen....lots of grilling going on. On Saturday, Peter grilled steaks and I fixed some steamed broccoli and sauted' some onions & mushrooms. It was such a gorgeous evening, we ate on the patio. :O)

Yesterday, Peter grilled the tuna steaks that Logan gave us, along with some asparagus. YUM! Peter picked up a digital meat thermometer while we were away, so we tried that out.

We are grilling again today.....this time just some burgers!


I am wearing.... denim capris & a Chicago Bears tee. {YAAA Bears...but you almost blew it!!!!}

I am creating....trying to get some fall stuff out. I need to work on my mantel this week, also need to put together the wreath for the front door. I did find a lantern though {QVC had a pretty one with a solar powered flame less candle}. Love it!!!

 I am looking forward to....I am sooooo excited to become a SAHM again very soon!!! {like in 20 days soon!} :O) :O)

Around the house....trying to figure out what we are going to do in the living room and our bedroom. The walls need a face lift....hmmmmm....I need to spend some time on Pinterest!

A favorite quote of the day:


One of my favorite things:

PIZZA!!!! Planning to have a "make your own pizza night" as soon as Nathan gets back home.
Choose your own adventure pizza night from The Baker Upstairs. An awesome pizza crust recipe plus some simple ideas for quick and easy pizzas. Get the kids involved and make it a family activity!

Upcoming plans:

work........only 3 weeks left {most of which I'll have to work alone}.

A peek into my day....

I gave the kitchen a good cleaning this morning and changed out the summer-y looking flowers on the table for some sunflowers {pretty....even though they are cheap, fake ones from Walmart...LOL}.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...