Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Crock Pot Recipe: Swedish Meatballs

I pulled out a recipe today that I haven't made in ages: Swedish Meatballs. I always make these at Christmastime, as part of my Christmas spread, and my family always requests extras to have as a meal {served over rice} a day or so after Christmas when they are sick of party food. I don't think I have made them since then, so the guys were happy today when they showed up on dinner table! Here's my recipe:
Swedish Meatballs
2 cups ketchup
1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
4 T. finely chopped onion
8 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. pepper
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. vinegar
5 T. water
1/4 cup relish
Put all of the above ingredients in crockpot, and stir. Simmer on med-high.


Meatballs
{this meatball recipe can be doubled-plenty of sauce}
1 lb. ground beef
2 tsp. ketchup
1 slice bread-broken in pieces
1/3 cup dry milk
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg
1/4 cup finely diced onion

Mix together well and shape into small balls. I use my small scooper and got 21 meatballs out of this mixture.
Brown in oven on tray @400 degrees for 15 minutes. Add to sauce and simmer. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...