Tuesday, July 16, 2013

summer get-away {1}

The weather had been yucky all week, but the forecast for the weekend looked promising. Peter and I started our little get-away on Friday evening. Original plans had been to go Saturday morning, but Logan and Lindsey wanted to make dinner for us, so we stayed with them on Friday as well. Lindsey had to work Saturday & Sunday, so it was nice to be able to spend a little time with her on Friday. They cooked dinner, while Peter and I sat back and relaxed! :O) The Mom in me wanted to get in the kitchen and help, but they had everything under control. Dinner was awesome!




Logan grilled steaks, and Lindsey made grilled asparagus, baked potatoes, and pasta salad.

It was sooooo good!
I had made Lindsey a birthday cake {her b-day is July 17th}

 and she opened the gift we got her.
SONOMA outdoors Oversized Antigravity Chair

She loved it! {{btw...these antigravity chairs are awesome....I want one too!}

After dinner, we just sat and talked and got caught up. We talked about the wedding, which is now only 10 months away!! A great start to our weekend for sure!! :O) :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...