Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - August Edition


Outside my window...It has been so hot and humid again today, I am really ready for some fall-like weather soon.

I am thinking...that Nathan really skimped on his school supplies this year.....LOL...this was the extent of his shopping!


I am thankful...for the great season we have had at the b&b!

In the kitchen...I made chicken pot pies for dinner today. It's a family favorite!

I am wearing...denim capris & a pink tee

I am creating...hardly anything these days, I'm just way too busy at work. I did start working on a "menu ideas" binder ring. Just a ring with tabs with dinner ideas. I'm thinking of writing down what we're having for dinner each day and adding a tab to the ring, categorizing, of course, for a quick go-to for dinner ideas. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

I am going...to my very last ever Open House at school on Friday!

I am wondering...why I'm not as emotional about school starting as I thought I'd be....I don't think it has actually hit me yet that Nathan is graduating!!!

I am reading...nothing..........

I am hoping...I can soon figure out what Nathan should wear in his senior portraits....nothing is jumping out at me.....

I am looking forward to...FALL!!!!!

Around the house...I called Window World yesterday to get some info about their company. We need to replace several of our Anderson windows this fall and we might get them to do the job. I can't believe we've been in the house for 21 years!!

A favorite quote for today...
Dr. Seuss quote
One of my favorite things...

Pinned Image

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Open House on Friday, busy holiday weekend at the b&b, Peter and Nathan will be going to the boat docking on Sunday, Monday is Logan's b-day, and on Tuesday...it's back to school!

A peek into my day...
I love getting notes from guests :O) It makes me happy to know they had a nice stay!
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Susan
You have been very busy at your b&b. I believe your guests are having a good time with nice dinner.

Anonymous said...

Hi just saying hello from the Simple Woman's Daybook :)

Good luck with the start of the school year, and I hope you get the cooler weather soon. Autumn has definitely started here in England, it's cooler through the day and is cold at night now. I think we missed summer completely and have gone from Spring to Autumn with a few sunnier days in between :)

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY đŸ—“️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...