Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Project: Binder Ring Mini [2]

I've been wanting to get more organized with my menu planning, but can't quite seem to find the time to get it all together. As soon as work slows down, I hope to get better organized in that area of my life. I want to try some of the make-ahead freezer meals I've pinned on Pinterest, even better if you can put it in the crock pot. I also want to be better organized with actually planning out my meals and doing better at the grocery store. A big problem I have is just coming up with something different every day. I can get stuck in a rut and cook the same or similar type meals for awhile, then I throw in something we haven't had in awhile or try a new recipe. I had started jotting down what we had for dinner each day on the calendar, but then I remembered the little binder rings I bought a few months back and decided to put together mini binder, this time for menu ideas. I can jot down what we have each day on a piece of card stock {main dish on front, side dishes on back}, and add it to the ring. It hangs on the fridge for easy access.
 
Here's how I made it....
 
  • cut front and back out of card stock or thick scrapbook paper and punch hole in corner
  • add ribbon, stickers, or other embellishments to front cover
  • cut out squares a little smaller than cover and punch holes in each
  • write meal ideas on squares
  • put everything on binder ring
  • it's a work in progress, so make extra squares to add to ring
  • categorize {for now, I have mine in no particular order, just what we have for dinner each day}
I have a few other ideas for menu planning, most I saw on Pinterest. Here a few of my favorites:
DIY menu board
meal planning - countertop
Menu Plan Bindermenu frame


For now, maybe my mini binder will help with my "what are we having for dinner" dilemma!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...