Monday, August 14, 2017

Homecoming 2017


CONFESSION: 
I only went to the Homecoming for 1-hour total the entire weekend, buuuutttttt....I had THE BEST weekend!!! :O)

Highlights/Memories from Homecoming 2017:
  • Nathan and Kayla moved back home this week, and Logan, Lindsey, & Kamry came in on the mail boat on Friday, so I was one super-happy Mom having everyone here!!! I just wish Peter could have been home.
  • I cooked bbq chicken w/sides on Friday, we were invited to a family dinner at the Chesapeake House on Saturday, and we got crab melts from Four Brothers on Sunday. Oh! and of course, we had soft crab sandwiches at the Homecoming ---yummmm. 
  • Julie and Derek skipped Homecoming again this year, but Mom & Dad had Denise's family staying with them.
  • I got to spend some good, quiet time with Kamry!!! On Friday, I brought her home with me (after my one hour at the Homecoming) and gave her a bath and got her to sleep, and on Saturday, they brought her home early, but the four of them called it an early night too. Yaaa!!! I can't tell you how happy I was having them all gathered in the living room, eating snacks and talking and laughing (by 11:30!!!). 
  • the weather was iffy all week but we only ended up with a storm through the night Friday, then pretty on Saturday! (muggy & buggy though) 
  • Cameron designed this year's shirts. <3 
  • I had a busy weekend at the b&b. $$
  • from the 5 of us there were only a couple of pics taken!!

HOMECOMING 2017



After a week-long forecast calling for a wash-out weekend....look at this gorgeous Saturday sky!!
Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature
picture credit: nathan
Nathan helped with the setting up, working, and taking it all down afterwards, 
and of course....Nathan danced.....I'm sure the song playing is either "Jump On It" or "Cotton-Eyed Joe" LOL I have no clue what the popular song was this year because I wasn't there long enough to know...and I didn't even dance...not even the Wobble...LOL
Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and night
picture credit: facebook
and he danced.....
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, dancing and outdoor
picture credit: facebook
and he danced.....
Image may contain: 4 people, people dancing, people standing and night
picture credit: facebook
picture credit: CPM
enjoying a LAZY SUNDAY!!!


Cotton Candy Sky!!



I may not have spent much time at Homecoming, but it sure was an awesome "homecoming" having my family here!!! XOXO

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...