Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Thankful November 2015 [Day 1-7]

2015
 
Day 1 - our annual Mom/Daughters getaway
 
I am thankful for that special time: shopping, eating, laughing, talking, and having a good time together!! :O) :O)
 
 
 
Day 2 - little visits w/ Lindsey & Logan {& Allie}
 
I love stopping by to say hello, or spending the night at their house. It was also nice to be able to go to church with them last week, and tagging along with them at the wedding this past weekend. They always make me/us feel so welcome! :O) :O)
 
 
 
 
Day 3 - quiet time
 
I am taking advantage of my being here two weeks alone by making better use of my quiet time. It seems I had gotten "too busy" to find time for daily devotions. Some days they fit into my day, others I would get distracted and the day would end and I realized I never got around to it. I now have a regular quiet time every morning and actually look forward to it. Quiet time is important - it's something we need to make time for.  
 
 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10 NIV)
 
Day 4 - phone calls w/ Peter
 
I will admit, this new life of ours is much different than I expected. Peter has never been away from home for more than a few weeks, and I really miss him being here. We are big talkers and we enjoy spending time together. I am VERY thankful that we can talk on the phone!! :O) :O)
 
 
 
 
Day 5 - friendship
 
I am thankful for friendship, especially my friendship with Wanda. We have been friends since we were pregnant with our first babies and have gone through every stage in our lives at just about the same time: baby #2, graduations, weddings, empty-nest. No matter what stage we are in, our friendship moves with it, and I value it very much. She makes me laugh and she always knows what I need to hear at just the right time. We don't hang out every day, but I know that she is always just an (((email))) away!! :O) :O)
 
 
 
 
Day 6 - the beauty of a FALL sky - especially sunsets


I miss my bestie. It's good  weather for snuggling. I need my cuddle buddy! Pretty soon we can start using the fireplace in the basement. That'll be cozy :) I Love You Mrs Slidell <3
source: Pinterest
 
 I love all the beautiful, vibrant colors of a fall sky!
 
 
Day 7 - celebrations {Morgan & Tyson's wedding}



It was so nice seeing family and getting to share Morgan & Tyson's special day!
 
 
 
always an abundance of things to be thankful for.
 


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...