Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday 9: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

 
 
Saturday 9: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? (1970)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song asks, "Does anybody really care about time?" How about you? Do you pride yourself on being punctual? Or don't you really care? I'm usually on time, rarely early, sometimes late (I don't like being late).


Whatever, I'm late anyway clock. $38.00, via Etsy. 
 
2) The lyrics refer to a stranger asking the time. When is the last time you conversed with someone you didn't really know? What did you two talk about? I always talk to people while in Disney, usually while waiting in line, so probably February, during our last vacation.
 
Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or to help you figure out who you are or who you want to become. You never know who these people may be – a roommate, a neighbour, a professor, a friend, a lover, or even a complete stranger – but when you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment they will affect your life in some profound way.

3) According to the Top 40 tracker Tunecaster, this song knocked Tony Orlando and Dawn's "Knock Three Times" out of the #1 spot on the charts in January 1971. Are you familiar with "Knock Three Times?" Am I familiar? LOL, my cousin and I used to pretend to be Dawn. We had those karaoke type microphones that we would sing with [bless our hearts, we weren't very good]. LOL

4) Chicago is not only the name of the group but also of the midwest's largest city. Chicago is the proud hometown of such luminaries as Bill Murray, Michelle Obama and Derrick Rose. Does your town have any favorite sons or daughters? Not really.

5) The group Chicago was originally known as The Chicago Transit Authority, after the city's public transportation system. When is the last time you were on a bus or a train?  February, in Florida.


6) Four of the original seven bandmembers are still with the group … after 48 years! What's the longest you stayed at the same job? I'm coming up on year #13 with the job I have now.

7) Lead singer Rob Lamm confessed that, at times, being in a band has been hard for him because he is by nature a loner. How about you? Are you more introverted or extroverted? I'm a combo, I guess. I love being alone, yet I blend in well when around others. I prefer staying home over going out though.

8) This summer, Chicago will be touring with Earth, Wind and Fire. Have you seen/will you attend any concerts in 2015? None planned. :O(

9) Random question: What's the last mess you cleaned up? While spring cleaning, I've moved this pile of stuff from room to room trying to find a home for it. I finally got rid of most of it yesterday, so I guess that's the last "mess" I've cleaned up.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...