Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Simple Woman's Day Book: April 2015

 
 
 
For Today...April 26th
 
Outside my window...today was chilly, but sunny. It hasn't been very warm so far this spring, it's either cold or rainy....I am very ready for warm weather to come and stay!
 
I am thankful...that the boys were able to see each other this tour, even if it was just for one night. I'm also thankful that Nathan passed the AB course and now has that and Tankerman school behind him. He's very excited about the next steps in his career! :O) 
 
I am wearing...jeans and my new VA tee...
Virginia Home T Shirt | The Home. T | Bourbon & Boots
source
 
 
I am creating...nothing creative, just trying to finish up the Spring cleaning before I go back to work. I did get the baskets stained and they turned out great!

 
I am going....nowhere! I don't have anything scheduled anytime soon. BOO-HOO!
My Dad, sister, nephew, & friends went to NEW YORK a few weeks ago and had a blast!!
They took the train in and stayed in the city for 3 nights!! :O)
Here are a few pictures:


Julie taking the subway like a pro!! :O)


Dad {loved} the double-decker bus tours!! :O)


Derek & Pop....Awesome!!



Julie, Caroline, & Derek at the Central Park Zoo




Always amazed by the amount of people! That's crazy!

Dad: "What's better than eating at McDonalds?.....Eating at McDonald's in NEW YORK!!!"
We definitely don't have the same taste in dining while on vacation!! :O)
 
I am now obsessed with planning a trip for Peter and I in the near future. Christmas-time in New York maybe????
 
In my kitchen....
Yesterday, I made Garlic Lime Chicken .....yum!
 
In my garden....
Lots of beautiful blooms (post HERE)
 
 
A favorite quote of the day....
 
good one
source
:O) :O) so perfect!
 
From the board room (Pinterest)
 
Use Dollar tree solar lights in tiki torch bases..... I love this idea for the patio.
source
Cool patio idea: use Dollar Store solar lights in tiki torch bases.
 
One of my favorite things: sunsets
I caught this one last week (we actually were just a minute or two late).
The sky was amazing!
 
  

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...