Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday 9: Mysterious Ways



Saturday 9: Mysterious Ways (1991)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In honor of St. Patrick's Day (this coming Tuesday), we're featuring one of Ireland's most successful exports, U2. What else is Ireland famous for?

I think of castles, and hills, and (very) green landscapes.
The Rock of Cashel, Ireland- BREATHTAKING. Where St.Pat converted the people of Ireland to Catholicism <3

2) The Dublin studio where U2 recorded this song (and all of Achtung, Baby) is now a music store called Claddagh Records. U2 pilgrims from all over the world travel to the spot (Celia Street, Dublin 2). If we were to visit your neighborhood, are there any landmarks you could direct us to?


I think our whole island is a landmark, but what stands out most to me, is our church.
Swain Memorial United Methodist Church


3) Lead singer Bono is rarely seen without his trademark sunglasses because he suffers from glaucoma. How is your vision? 20/20?

My vision is horrible. Not sure what the numbers are, but let's just say, I'm never without my glasses anymore!!



4) Bono and wife Alison were married in 1982 and are still together today. Who is the longest-married couple you know?

I know several couples here in my hometown who have been married many years, but I guess in my family, my Mom & Dad...almost 51 years! :O)




5) When Bono inducted Frank Sinatra into the Grammy Hall of Fame, he applauded the older man's "swagger." Do you think you have swagger?


That's funny! :O) :O) LOL

6) Bono has been honored by world leaders, including President Obama and Nelson Mandela and the Pope, for his philanthropy. Here's your turn to brag: tell us something you have received praise for recently.

Nothing big, but a friend called last night to tell me how much my Disney blog posts had helped her with planning her recent trip to WDW. :O) I get lots of trip planning help from reading fellow bloggers tips and advice and I always hope someone will benefit from reading mine. :O) I love sharing my love of Disney!


7) Clearly Bono is the most famous member of U2. Who else is in the band?

I'll have to google it........
 
 
8) On St. Patrick's Day, will you wear green?
I usually wear a green tee. I like this Life Is Good shirt. :O)
St. Patty's Day......Life is good


9) Will you enjoy a glass of green beer or maybe a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's?

Probably not! But I will make corned beef and cabbage for dinner.
Flavorful Corned Beef and Cabbage perfect for St. Patrick's Day


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...