Thursday, June 26, 2014

grilled pizza

We checked off the first item on our summer bucket list today.....grilled pizza! Now, I've tried all kinds of pizza, but I think this pizza was the best  I've ever eaten!

It was super easy!

Here's my recipe:

Pizza crust- I pulled out my bread machine and made the basic pizza dough recipe.



I divided the dough in half and pressed it out flat. I sprinkled with corn meal (or you could use flour) so it wasn't sticky. Brush the grill with olive oil as well as the crust. Grill over low heat until edges start to bubble a little. Turn with tongs and grill a few minutes longer until crust starts to brown. Next,  I spread pizza sauce on crust and topped with pineapple tidbits, green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mushroom,  mozzarella cheese, and a little fresh parmesan cheese. I grilled a few minutes longer, until cheese melted and veggies wilted a little. Delicious!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...