Thursday, December 5, 2013

good things thursday.....

a few good things......

  • One of my favorite Christmas treats is stollen bread! I have trouble finding it every year, so I was very happy when I came across it at World Market while ordering my curtains. There are several flavors available. I ordered the cranberry. I got it on sale for $5.69 for the 1 lb. size package!! It's D-E-L-I-S-H!


  • Note to self: getting a shower, fixing my hair, and putting on make-up even if I'm not even planning on leaving the house makes me feel 100% better! This is a very GOOD thing! :O)

  • our new visitor - This elf won't be playing many tricks {Nathan sat him on a branch at the top of the Christmas tree.} I plan to pass him along to Logan & Lindsey someday! :O)

  • I love having Nathan home and I really love his omelets!! :O) Two very GOOD things!! :O)

  • a new favorite decoration - I've been wanting a silver metal deer forever. I found this one at Marshall's {on sale of course}. I've already moved it to the mantel though {mantel pictures in another post}.

  • We decided on plank "paneling" for the walls from Lowes, instead of the DIY version we had planned on doing. It is already white, so that will save us LOTS of time priming and painting!! We also decided on the bookcases for the built-in wall. We'll do an IKEA Billy Bookcase w/doors at the bottom on each side and a low tv console cabinet in between. We are mounting the tv on the wall. We had trouble finding the right size unit for the tv section of the built-in, but I remembered we had a solid oak entertainment center stored our shed that is the exact length we need to fit in between the two bookcases. It will need to be custom fit, but the carpenter says it is doable. I am so happy that I finally found a use for it and that the built-in will have a custom look! :O) Everything will need to be painted white, but I think it will look great! Agreeing on re-do projects: Definitely a GOOD THING!!! :O)



BILLY Bookcase with doors IKEA Adjustable shelves can be arranged according to your needs.



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...