Thursday, December 19, 2013

Chicken Taco Soup + {more freezer recipe reviews}

Today, we tried the Chicken Taco Soup. I served it with cheddar cheese, sour cream, & tortilla chips. It was very good!!

I've used black beans for the first time in a few of my freezer recipes, and while I've tried giving them a chance, I'm really not a fan. If I make this recipe again, I'll skip the black beans and just use kidney beans. The main reason for not liking the black beans is the color it gives the dish its in. The taste isn't that bad, it's that gray-ish color that turns me off!
A few weeks ago, I tried the Cilantro Lime Chicken w/black beans & corn.

Pretty much the same reaction to this dish, I didn't like the color the black beans gave it. It was very good though, {served on soft tortilla w/sour cream, cheddar cheese, and avocado.
We raved over the Teriyaki Pork Chops, they were absolutely d*e*l*i*s*h!! :O)

Will definitely be making that freezer recipe again soon!


Here's the list of what's left in the freezer: I still have (9) meals left!
(1) bag chicken taco soup

(1) bag beef stew
(1) bag teriyaki chicken
(1) bag pork & veggies
(2) bags chicken cacciatore
(2) 1 bag sweet & sour meatballs
(1) pan sour cream noodle bake
(1) pan w/5 enchiladas
(1) bag orange chicken
(1) bag beef fajitas
(1) bag teriyaki pork chops
(1) bag cilantro lime chicken
(2) 1 bag sausage & peppers
(1) bag w/4 twice baked potatoes

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...