Friday, August 30, 2013

5 on friday: good things

Linking up for 5 on friday.....
Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
{1} outside.....
I spent a little time in the yard today.... I switched out a few of the pots on the front steps to more fall-y colors and put out a few pumpkins. {{I am so ready to purchase some mums!}}. I did some weeding around the patio and flower garden {which is overflowing!!}. I can't believe how well it has done this summer. I have taken notes on what grew best and how much room things took up and have some good ideas for next summer's garden. I'm hoping to put in some tulip and daffodil bulbs so hopefully, I'll have a pretty spring garden too! I spotted a few monarch butterflies this morning. After last year's discovery, I've been on the lookout for their return. They are amazing! :O)

{2} more grilling........we started with peppers, onions, sausage.....

Peter added pepperoncini, salt, pepper, & olive oil......

then we picked a few cherry tomatoes and threw those on top too!

We put this yummy grilled mixture on a toasted bun....soooo good!

{3} an organized closet................
Nathan wanted to get his room a little more organized, so while he has been home he has sorted through all of his "stuff". Yesterday, we took EVERYTHING out of his closet and threw away, packed away, gave away a whole lot of junk things he no longer wanted to keep in his room. It looks so much better!! I am so ready to get home and get organized!! :O)

{4} pumpkin cinnamon ice cream on a waffle cone......no further explanation needed!!

{5} a great shot......
Logan is going to make an awesome daddy someday!
source: facebook
(Logan, Lindsey, Zach, & Kate @ the beach)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I love reading while you talk about your garden :) It makes me think of my mother-in-law and her love for her garden every year. Hopefully someday her green thumb will rub off on me a little bit! :)

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...