Saturday, December 17, 2016

Saturday 9: O Holy Night




Saturday 9: O, Holy Night (1967)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This beloved carol takes its lyrics from a French poem. What else can we thank the French for?

Of course, the very first thing I thought of was the Eiffel Tower. My dream vacation is to someday see it in person, for now, the closest I'll come is our annual visit to Epcot's World Showcase version!! :O)


2) How well do you know "O, Holy Night?" Without looking up the lyrics, could you sing along with Ella?

I definitely could! It's my most favorite Christmas hymn. {link}

50% OFF SALE O Holy Night Christmas Word Art by ljcDigitalDesigns

3) In order to get this record into stores in time for Christmas 1967, Ella had to record this in late July. So let's reverse that. Now that it's Christmastime, what do you miss most about summer?

I miss going out on the boat and just being outside more. 



4) Sam is crazy about the open toed pumps she'll be wearing to holiday parties, but that means she needs to get a pedi. Will you be at a salon between now and year-end?

YES!!! I have a hair & nail appointment on Monday!! 

Relax Refresh Renew Sign Set Spa Sign Set by matthewsvillage

5) Will you be consuming any egg nog this holiday season? And if you do, will it be spiked? 

Probably not near as much as Nathan!! And no, not spiked please. Oh, and it's much better in moose mugs!! :O)


{link}

{link}

6) Thinking of holiday cuisine, what's your favorite Christmas cookie?

Not the biggest cookie fan, but I do love Chewy Chocolate Cookies!!

Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies... my hubby will be re-marrying me if I get this recepie right :)

7) Sam knows she will get a bottle of red wine from her boss, because that's what he gives his staff every year. Is there a gift you can count on receiving?

usually new Christmas jammies and bath stuff!

8) What one gift would you most like to receive this year? Do you think anyone will get it for you?

A new {bigger} Keurig is on the list!!!

Keurig K55 Coffee Maker, Black


9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.


Near and dear to our hearts this year is The Children's House at Johns Hopkins and The Ronald McDonald House.

Logan and Lindsey spent a week at Ronald McDonald House and 5 weeks at Children's House. I cannot say enough about both places. I am embarrassed to say that while I knew these organizations existed, until we experienced it first hand, I was totally unaware of the magnitude of their assistance to those who have children in the hospital. From a clean bed, a hot shower, a dinner provided every evening, or just a kind word or friendly smile when you come back to your room at night after a long, stressful day at the hospital.

This year, we felt like all of our donation $$ should go to both of these places. All of this was so foreign to us, but everyone made us feel so loved and were so helpful during such a hard time. There are links to both sites - check them out for more info, and if you are looking for somewhere to donate this year, I know firsthand that all donations will be used and appreciated.

"You give families time to just, well, be together.
It sounds simple, but it’s not."




No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...