Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book: June

Outside my window....a gorgeous, sunny, summer day.

I am thinking....{actually worrying a little} about Nathan driving back to work tomorrow morning. The CBBT makes me nervous! Praying!!

I am thankful for....my family!

In the kitchen....



I tried soft shell crabs on the grill today and they were so good! Normally, we deep fry them, but a friend told me about cooking them on the grill {thanks Candice!}, so we gave her recipe a try. I lined my grill pan with foil, brushed the foil with olive oil. Put crabs on tray then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Old Bay, salt, and pepper.

Grill on low heat, turning once.

D-e-l-i-s-h!
I also did a pan of yellow squash and onions on the grill. I brushed a foil pan with olive oil. Slice squash and onion and put in pan. Drizzle with olive oil and put a few pats of butter on top. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat. Turn frequently with tongs until tender.

I am wearing....pjs!

I am looking forward to....the 4th of July.

Around the house....still working on 30 Spaces/ 30 Days of organizing. Today, I emptied out the freezer in the shed, defrosted it, and did an inventory. I have so much in there that needs to be used up. I could actually cook for the next two weeks from what I have on hand, which I plan to do!

A favorite quote of the day....

One of my favorite things....

summer.....the beach.....flip flops!

1 comment:

Shanna Watson said...

I'm gonna try soft crabs on the grill!! What a great idea!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...