Friday, June 20, 2014

peanut butter brownie trifle

My family rarely asks for cake...not even on their birthday, so for Nathan's birthday today, I tried a new recipe for something sweet that I knew he would love!

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle

1 fudge brownie mix (13x9 size)
2 (13 oz.) pkg. miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
4 cups milk
2 (5.1 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tsp. vanilla
2 (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping (thawed)


1) Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool and set aside. Cut into small squares.
2) Cut peanut butter cups in half, set aside enough for garnish.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons Cool Whip. (Save remaining 1/2 container for top.)
4) Layer a third of the brownies, then a third of the pudding mixture, then a third of the Reeses, then repeat 2 more times.
5) Top with Cool Whip and garnish with remaining Reeses.
6) Chill.

I don't own a trifle bowl (it is something that is always on my to-buy list), so I borrowed my neighbor's Pampered Chef bowl. I really like that the base comes off and it has a lid for easy leftover storage in the fridge. Need to make a Pampered Chef purchase....soon!


This was sooooooooo good!!! 


I had all of Nathan's favorites.....chicken salad, hot dogs and sweet sausages/peppers/onions on the grill, shrimp dip, taco dip, watermelon wedges, this dessert and Mom made a cake!

It was Dad's birthday on Sunday, but Mom waited to make it today. She and Dad, Derek, Mom Mom Lois, and Peter and I, along with Kayla, and friends, Brad, Jonathon, Luke, and Hannah helped celebrate Nathan's special day!

Happy Birthday Nathan!!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...