Tuesday, June 3, 2014

book club: week #5



Book Club Day
Week #5

18) Have you ever thought about the legacy of your marriage and what it means to future generations? Has there been a time you've decided to stick with it even though part of you wants to walk away?

We have tried to show our boys a good example of a good marriage, but we have also let them know that it takes a lot of hard work and everything is not always perfect. It's important to communicate with each other, and put the other person first. There are times when we get mad at each other, don't agree on things, or get on each other's nerves, but no matter what, we love each other.


19) When you look at your spouse, what do you see? What are the qualities he has that you value, even though you may not even realized when you first married him?

I know I can count on him, no matter what. I know that he loves me, and that he will take care of me and always be by my side. It's funny as you grow older, as the kids move away and it's just the two of you again, how having a good relationship becomes even more important.

20) Melanie uses The Antelope in the Living Room as six words that sum up her marriage. What are six words you'd use to describe your marriage? Do those six words change depending on the day?

Together: Our Favorite Place To Be

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...