Friday, September 14, 2012

The Simple Woman's Day Book - September Edtion


Outside my window...it has been another gorgeous, fall-like day! The temps are finally in the 70's, this is my kind of weather!!!!

I am thinking...about putting some auctions on ebay. I haven't listed anything in ages, but I have one last container in the attic with some things I think might sell. I should do this soon! :O)

I am thankful...for so many things....big & small.

In the kitchen...I just put away the left-overs from the delish meal MOM made for us today! {Thanks Mom!!!} I had a SUPER busy day at work, so not having to worry about cooking today was very much appreciated! :O)

I am wearing...jean capris & my Reese's Road t-shirt. If you need encouragement today, just read her story- a truly amazing young lady!

I am creating...or should I say, I'm working on, decorating for FALL! :O) Love this time of year!! I hung my wreath on the front door, put out my fall flag, changed my chalkboard in the kitchen, and started on the mantel...it's a work in progress.

I am going...to officially book the resort/tickets/dinner adrs for the senior trip tomorrow!!! :O)

I am hoping...to go kayaking again....soon!

I am looking forward to...our little mini-vacation after the b&b closes! Peter and I have decided to go to Annapolis for a few nights and possibly driving to D.C. for a day trip while we are there. We hope to take a detour to Baltimore on the way back home to see his aunt & uncle. We haven't seen them in awhile and his aunt has been in the hospital over the summer and recently fell and broke her hip. We really want to see them. I haven't made any reservations yet, but I've been doing some research on things to do, places to eat, and possibilities for where to stay. There are some really beautiful inns to choose from. Can't wait to go!

Around the house...the dust bunnies are trying their hardest to stay hidden for a little longer. I finish up at the b&b in about 3 weeks, then I am going to give our house a thorough cleaning! I'm keeping up with the day to day stuff, but I'm so ready to do some deep cleaning and get organized!

A favorite quote for today...
Pinned Image

One of my favorite things...watching football, particularly, the Chicago Bears. Last night's game against the Packers was pretty tough to watch though, to say the least! Their standings, after losing 23-10, the Bears are 1-1 {tied with the Packers}. This picture of QB Cutler pretty much summed up my feelings last night as well.......



A few plans for the rest of the week: work, work, work..............

A peek into my day...
I haven't taken any pictures the past few days. I've been very busy at the b&b. Today, we had a full house check out and fill back up with new guests. We've had some really nice guests this year, and this week especially, which makes my job even better. Last night, we had 4 couples who were repeat guests {always love when guests come back!!}, and today when I checked in one couple, I commented on her Disney tote. She told me she was a travel agent-Disney trips are her specialty! :O) We chatted a little about that {I've mentioned before that my dream job is to be a travel agent}. :O) My day was full of phone calls/housekeeping/laundry/picking up & dropping off guests......just another day in the life of ME!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...