Sunday, February 19, 2017

Plated Review: Pan-Seared Salmon w/ Beet Risotto

So, I signed up for my third subscription meal box! I love, love Hello Fresh and Blue Apron, but I decided to take advantage of the deal with Plated and try a box. My plans were to get the discounted box then cancel, but oh my gosh...these three meals were a win!!! I scheduled it to arrive on Tuesday so that I would have meals until Sunday, since Peter is at work.


Meal #1 - Pan-Seared Salmon w/ Beet Risotto & Charred Lemon




Absolutely delicious!!!! While I love, love pickled beets, and the Beet & Berry salad at The Shark is my fave, I had never cooked fresh beets before. There were three different colors: the regular red beets, a yellow beet, and a red/white striped beet....interesting....




Ingredients

1 bunch baby beets
1 lemon
1 shallot
⅛ ounce thyme, divided
8 ounces vegetable stock
2 packets unsalted butter
1 cup Arborio rice
½ cup red wine
2 fillets wild Alaskan salmon
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese



Cooking Instructions:
[HERE]


The beets were a wonderful addition to the risotto which was a perfect side for the salmon. DELISH!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...