Sunday, August 24, 2014

beach walk....

I knew it was the perfect day to finally finish our summer bucket list! We've been waiting for a cool day and time off from work to coincide, and today was the day. It took us a little over an hour to walk all the way to the sand bar and back, stopping along the way to get some really good pictures.

This is our third summer doing a bucket list and we have had lots of fun again doing it. I wish I had been more insistent about doing a bucket list when the boys were little. I can honestly say that Peter enjoys it as much as I do. He used to automatically say no to doing things like bucket lists, but it's funny how he is the one who pushes to complete it.

We haven't walked the entire beach in YEARS! It has changed so much. I think it would be fun to compare the changes each year. We should definitely make it a yearly tradition.

Again, I highly recommend making a bucket list for summer (or all seasons) to do as a family or even as a couple. It's not only fun, but we have some great memories from our summer too!!!

Here are pictures from today......
















2 comments:

Shanna Watson said...

Great pictures! I have to say Peter re-enacting the Karate Kid is my fav :)

Susan said...

I like that one too...LOL! It's amazing how much fun he can have if he'll just give things a try! I'm ashamed to say that we hadn't walked the beach in years! It looked so different!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...