Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine Banner & Mantel Sneak Peek

I'm blaming Pinterest for all of this.....all of the DIY projects, the decorating, the crafts, the organization, the cooking & baking {I don't even like to bake...LOL}, my newfound love of scarves and monograms, and anything that involves chalkboard paint! My Dad is pretty much ready to boycott the Pinterest website...LOL, because he is my helper when my latest project involves carpentry {see below post featuring my new ledge shelves}. He really thought I was nuts when I tried to explain that I wanted to turn my old pine sofa table into a mantel...yes, a mantel. :O) I'm obsessed once again, this time with mantels. I shared my love of mantel decor, but we don't have a fireplace that I can decorate with all the cute ideas I've pinned. Then I stumbled on a picture of a "floating" mantel, and the rest is history! Dad did the necessary cosmetic work to the table and voila'....I now have a gorgeous new mantel! I still need to pick up a little more decorative trim to add to the bottom, then I'll post more pictures, all decked out for Spring!!!
I had made a Valentine's Day Banner, but didn't get a chance to hang it this year. After Dad hung up the mantel and I got it painted, I put up the banner to get some pictures. Love it!!
printable {from Pinterest} and some twine


Here is the table I used for the mantel...I've had this little table f-o-r-e-v-e-r! It was definitely time for a makeover.
I painted it China White. It needs a little more trim, but I love it!!!

Check back soon to see the finished project and my Spring mantel decor!




No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY đź—“️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...