Sunday, June 3, 2018

....weekend catch-up

hello birthday month!! Celebrating another year this Saturday June 22nd!! #june #birthday #cancer

06.01.18
Friday: June came in sunny, muggy, and buggy! I had an easy day at work and then met Wanda that evening for our monthly dinner. While we wished we could get together more often, our once-a-month-four-hour dinners seem to catch us up on each other's full and busy lives!

FRIENDS: I met Wanda 30 years ago, on the mailboat, headed to one of my first doctor's appointments when I was pregnant with Logan. She had recently moved to Tangier, after marrying James, a few months before. I didn't really know her, but sat with her that day going over. We immediately connected and chatted the whole way over. She had just found out she was pregnant too, and coincidentally, we had the same doctor. She asked if I wanted to make our next appointments together and after that day, our friendship grew. It was a first baby for both of us, we were only {supposed to be} due 2 weeks apart, but Wanda ended up having Whitney 6 weeks early on July 2nd {I've finally forgiven her for doing that --LOL} so the last 2 months of summer, she strolled and I waddled, until Logan was born on September 3rd. This story would fill a thousand pages, and cover hundreds of seasons, but I'll fast forward to today, as our friendship still grows. We've raised both of our kids together, gone through graduations, and showers, and weddings, and kids moving, and even our husbands working together on the same boat. But I think, by far, our greatest season of friendship is today. We both have two wonderful, precious, grandkids- a boy and a girl each, and we are both overflowing with blessings that we can hardly wait to share with each other {and what takes up the biggest part of our 4 hour dinner get togethers}. Everyone has a friend during each stage of life, but only the lucky blessed ones have the same friend in each stage of life.
Everyone has a friend during each stage of life. But only lucky ones have the same friends in each stage of life. via (http://ift.tt/2pr2vBm)

06.02.18

Saturday: A normal Saturday work day. It had spoken of a wash-out weekend but today was a beautiful, sunny day! I was sad that my friend Margaret had to leave today after being here all week! :O( 

FRIENDS: I met Margaret several years ago when she came and stayed at our b&b. We immediately clicked and we kept in touch after she left with cards and emails. Kamry was born on her birthday - April 22 and she is so thoughtful in sending her a sweet card every year! I always love when her week to visit arrives, and this trip, we even got to hang out and have dinner together. She loves to talk as much as I do, but she's also the best listener. She's sweet and kind, she spends a big portion of her visit here reading and journaling, she enjoys the quiet and the little things, but most of all, she loves Jesus and is a true encourager! She sent me a few pictures from her time here...... 
She goes down to the dock every morning to wait for the sunrise. Last week, the sun barely peeped all week, but on one particular morning, she captured this......
breathtaking........


Matthew 5:14 || Is this a repin, if so, doesn't matter - LOVE IT! You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden."
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven." - Matthew 5:14

I went through my Rae Dunn mugs to find one to send home with Margaret- I chose my Serenity mug as she finds true serenity during her visits to TI. 

She shared this from this morning......

54949f011843b6d4952834ffa7b5aaea.jpg (700×508)

I made a new recipe for dinner, which was delicious! 
I didn't get a picture though (I must have been super hungry- LOL). 
Here's the link and a pic......

Skillet Garlic-Butter-Herb Steak and Potatoes {LINK}
Skillet Garlic Butter Herb Steak and Potatoes | The Recipe Critic

After dinner, I hung out with Nathan and Rowen while mama was at work. :O) We rode in the cart and visited Mom Mom Lois. He's the best boy and I love spending time with him (and Nathan too, of course!)

So There's This Boy He Kinda Stole My Heart He Calls Me Nana Baseball Heart Custom DIY Vinyl Shirt Decal Cutting File in SVG, EPS, DXF,…
I made myself a treat then called it an early night.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
1-1/2 packets hot chocolate mix + 1 cup milk + 1-1/2 cups ice 




06.03.18

Sunday=work day for me pretty much now until October! Today, was a complete wash-out, with torrential rains and gusty winds....I pretty much stayed wet until I put the last guest on the boat. But then I got home, took a bubble bath, ordered out for dinner and spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching Hallmark movies and blogging----talk about turning lemons into lemonade. LOL :O)

1 comment:

Margaret Seagraves said...

Thank you, Susan, for the beautiful entry you made about our friendship and for posting the pictures I sent! Just reading it and seeing the pictures brought back the peace that filled me to overflowing while I was there on Tangier Island!
Now the trick is keeping that peace in my soul after arriving home, even as the "hounds start nipping at my heels" :) and the world starts encroaching on my "serenity". Each visit makes me stronger, though, and I really believe I am getting better and stronger at keeping that inner core of peace!
Thank you for your friendship, your support, your interest in my well-being, your very keen ability to listen with an open heart, and your prayers! I keep you in my "prayer bubble" always and thank God for bringing you into this season of my life!
I love you! Margaret xoxoxo

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...