Saturday, June 16, 2018

Summer Get Away - The Dunes Manor & Fager's Island

06.13.18


The Dunes Manor is our favorite O.C. hotel. He love that every room has an ocean front balcony, we love that it's newly remodeled and very clean, we love the staff and the restaurant downstairs, and on this visit, we loved that it was steps from the boardwalk. We normally stay in O.C. in the spring or fall, so staying when it's actually beach weather was awesome. 







We enjoyed the balcony and even took a nap before getting ready for dinner (we kept the patio door open and I wish I could fall asleep every night by the sound of the waves on the beach!!!)

We were trying a new (to us) restaurant - Fagers Island. 


We decided to dine inside, and got a table with a gorgeous view!!
I got the cream of crab soup and Peter got the mussels.

We both got salads and the catch of the day (mahi-mahi) with crab imperial, 
asparagus and a baked potato.
Everything was delicious and was the perfect spot for our anniversary dinner.

We are not night life people, so we spent the rest of the night on the balcony.
<3 <3 <3 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06.14.18

SAVOR - my word for the year. I have taken it very seriously 
and try to slow down and enjoy whenever I can. 
This morning was one of those mornings.....









What an awesome little anniversary get away!
Already planning our next summer adventure! :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...