Monday, October 20, 2014
saturday nine: the power of love
I haven't done a Saturday Nine meme in quite awhile but had to do this one since I had this on cassette way back in the 80's! I actually know all the words to this song, and have a video (on VHS tape) of my oldest son, Logan (then 2 yrs.) dancing to it! :O) So.....here are my answers to this week's questions:
Saturday 9: The Power of Love (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Huey explains that you don't need a credit card to find love. What's the last thing you charged?
I booked our hotel for the wedding today with our (debit) card.
2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard?
That's funny!! LOL
3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good?
Peter turns on the news every morning before he goes to work. I turn it off as soon as he leaves. Call me naïve, but I avoid watching the news because it is just so depressing.
4) Huey's mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A?
As far as I know, all of my family was born in the USA.
5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do?
No, I didn't take the SAT.
6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where anzac biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now?
I have coconut flakes, coconut milk, and coconut flavored yogurt on hand right now.
7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Pie, Pie, and Pie!
8) We're definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014?
Unfortunately, I will probably remember the fire at the restaurant on 7/03/14 most. :0(
9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box!
The Pink Remote