Wednesday, October 15, 2014

wedding wednesday: it's time!!

Logan and the groomsmen were to meet at the American Legion Hall, the bridal party would arrive by limo (courtesy of neighbors Scott & Stef). Scott was the chauffeur for the entire day.





Cathy and Gary rode over in their car, and I rode with Danielle, the wedding planner (who btw, was amazing!!).

Once we arrived, it was time for the ceremony to began. You would never know that the previous day had been a complete wash out! What a gorgeous day!
Brittany Mears did a beautiful job singing Shania Twain's "From This Moment" as the grandparents and mothers came in.

Robbie Jr. ushered in his Mom and her boyfriend, Gary.

Nathan ushered in Gran and Pop.
Peter ushered me in.

*side note: Months before the wedding, I posted about finding the perfect mother-of-the-groom dress, posting several options that I loved and one that I actually bought, but returned because of the color. With one month until the wedding day, I finally found the PERFECT dress!! I ordered it online, since there wasn't a David's Bridal close by, and after returning the first dress (my normal size was TINY-had to go up 2 sizes), the dress finally arrived and I was in love!!! Don't you love it when you love it?? :O) I ended up choosing a metallic silver mesh/lace knee-length sheath. It was sparkly, but not gaughty, the color blended nicely with the gray tuxes and the bright pink dresses, it stood out, yet wasn't over the top. It was also very comfortable, as were the silver t-strap sandals I chose to go with it. I added simple, yet sparkly jewelry (bracelet and earrings-no necklace needed with that neckline), and I carried a simple silver/gray satin clutch. LOVE!!


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...