Monday, April 14, 2014

weekend catch-up

Last week was supposed to be a not-so-busy week, but guess what?.......it was pretty busy! I wonder if there is even anything not busy about my life anymore. It's just a fact of life....

-Along with my usual daily routine stuff, I cooked the last goose dinner of the season for everyone on Monday, spent Wednesday getting our taxes done...ugh! Peter and I did have a fun day together though, doing a little shopping and having lunch at Olive Garden......mmm!
I found lots of great stuff at Marshall's......I've been working on styling the bookcases.I'll post pictures soon. Found this mercury glass piece at Big Lots for $5.00!
for a pop of color- love turquoise glass!

I also bought an end table from Marshall's that I liked. It isn't near as awesome as the first one I saw there, but it fits in with the style I'm going for.


I really miss my mantel for decorating! I took all the Easter stuff off the bookcases so I could display my new stuff. I did keep a few decorations out....

Here's a picture of my Easter mantel last year.....

-On Thursday, I helped decorate for a wedding shower. It looked so pretty!
I got them a Pioneer Woman cookbook off of their registry/wrapped it in a dish towel {Pinterest inspired of course!}

beautiful cookie favors
- speaking of weddings......I have my dress....the dress!!!! I found it at David's Bridal, and after much difficulty finding the right size {sizing was wayyyyyy off!} I love it!! I bought my bag and jewelry, but still need shoes.....

Also, I got the prettiest bridal shower invite.....

Lindsey's S-I-L, Angela is hosting the shower on May 3rd. She is very crafty! I can hardly wait to see what she's doing for the shower.

-Update on my 52 Week Money Challenge! I tried doing this challenge last year and failed to stick with it. I really wanted to do a weekly savings plan of some sort, just to have a little extra money set aside for some unexpected buy, or a jumpstart on our next vacation. I posted here about my plan for saving. I am over halfway through the challenge and have $355.00 saved!! :0)

- More grey paint....I painted the little black stand I bought at Ross last month....I like it so much better!!



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...