Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Simple Valentine's Day Wreath

Free printable
I decided to keep wreath making very simple for Valentine's Day this year. Last year I copied an idea from Pinterest that I really loved:

When I pulled it out this year, I realized that my berry wreath had seen it's better days, so I decided to go with something different. I had planned to copy this idea....
easy Valentine's Day wreath
source: Pinterest
.....but the burlap I had was fringed and didn't work for the banner. I have burlap on my list to pick up asap, so maybe I'll get another wreath made for the back door. In the meantime, I came up with this version, using some vintage-looking scrapbook paper for the heart banner.



I think it turned out great! Simple, but cute!!
My mantel is still decorated for winter, which I'll keep out until February comes in. Dad didn't finish the mantel project until after V-day last year, so I get to decorate it for the first time this year. I did make this cute banner last year.




I also need to switch out my chalkboard. Here's last year's look:
my February chalkboard
and here is my Pinspiration for this year......
I love you a bushel and a peck!
<3

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...