Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy {early} Mother's Day!!

Mother's Day isn't until Sunday May 13th, but I got an awesome early Mother's Day gift this year! Logan and his girlfriend, Lindsey came for an overnight visit on Monday!!! This was only Logan's second trip back since moving last August, so of course it was a treat to have him home. It was a short visit, but we managed to squeeze in alot, including tons of food and catching up with friends and family. I cooked a big dinner on Monday, including baking his favorite cake.
After dinner, they took the 4 wheeler to the beach for awhile. That night, we had a steamed crab feast! Peter bought a half bushel of crabs from Paul....and they were so good....there were only a few left once we got done with them! :O) best.meal.ever!

As if there just coming for a visit wasn't enough, Logan brought me a beautiful hanging basket and the next morning when I woke up there was a card waiting to be opened. He wrote the sweetest message in it and he also added a gift card {because he said he had missed my birthday in March} :O)

I knew exactly what I was going to spend the gift card on......
I really needed new shoes for work, and I decided on these. I got a great deal on them on amazon.com

On Tuesday, after sleeping in a bit, they just hung around the house and I fixed lunch. I pretty much made all of Logan's favorites, Steak-Umm Loaf was what he requested for lunch today, but fortunately, Lindsey isn't a picky eater, and enjoyed trying some things she'd never had before. They rode out for a bit, then his grandparents dropped by to say good bye. Nathan got home from school and Peter came home from work, and we talked a few more minutes before they had to leave. It's so good to see Logan so happy. Lindsey is the sweetest thing, Logan has found a great girl. I can see how much she loves Logan and that makes this Mom very happy. Also, family is very important to her. They stopped by to see her Mom & Dad and her brother's family on their way back home. I also think she was the planner behind this trip home to see us. :O)
Logan's lease at his apartment is up in July, and he has been seriously thinking about buying a home. He was excited to show us pictures of the home that he is considering. The backyard was awesome!
He's just in the beginning stages of the whole house buying process though, so I'll keep you posted on that!
Nathan loved having his brother home, but he is a bit preoccupied these days with a certain prom date who he seems to be texting 24/7.....I feel like I've just been through all this with Logan, and now it's time to do it all over again! :O)

Gotta love 'em though!!

2 comments:

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Susan,
You have a sweet family. To see the happy faces of family members is the greatest thing.
And your new shoes look cute and sporty. You can do a great work on them.

Anonymous said...

I love the gifts! That cake looks so delicious.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...