Meal #2 from my Hello Fresh shipment!
Serrano Steak with Mango Slaw & Cilantro-Lime Rice
12 oz. sirloin steak
1/2 basmati rice
1/4 oz. fresh cilantro
1 red onion
1 serrano pepper
2 T. balsamic vinegar
sat & pepper
(1) cook the rice: bring 1 cup water and pinch of salt to a boil. Add rice, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
(2) prep veggies & fruit: wash and dry all the produce. Peel the mango, then slice the fruit off the pit. Cut into thin matchsticks. Halve, peel, and thinly slice the red onion. Zest, then half the lime. Mince the serrano, removing the seeds and membranes (for less heat).
(3) make the mango slaw: In bowl, toss together mango, half the red onion, half the lime zest, the juice of the lime, and half the serrano. Season with salt & pepper.
(4) marinate the steak: in a shallow dish, toss the steak in the balsamic, a large drizzle of olive oil, and remaining serrano. Salt & pepper to taste.
(5) cook the steak: heat a drizzle of oil in skillet over med-high heat. Add the steak and cook for 4-7 minutes per side, until cooked to desired doneness. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
(6) plate and serve!! Finely chop the cilantro and stir into rice along with remaining lime zest. Plate cilantro-lime rice topped with steak and slaw on the side.
You can use discount code S9E8CM to get $40 off of your first shipment!!