Friday, May 10, 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book: May Edition


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it's a beautiful, sunny, warm, Spring day. :O) It is supposed to hit 80 today!

I am thinking...about a lot of stuff these days. With Nathan's upcoming graduation, there seems to be something every day that has to be taken care of. Now that I've opened the b&b for the summer, and getting on a better schedule, everything seems less overwhelming than it did a week ago. Hopefully, now I can start to enjoy it rather than be stressed out by it all!

I am thankful...for rest/sleep. I definitely feel a difference every year in what I can do {work wise}. My mind still says go, go, go, but my body tells me when to call it a day. I used to be such a night owl, and wouldn't call it a day till the wee hours. Now, once dinner is over and I've packed the dishwasher, the couch calls my name. And I'm thankful for a good night's sleep-I'm raring to go again the next morning! :O)

In the kitchen...I got off track a bit with menu planning, but have done better since the weekend. I took hamburger out for today, and thought I'd make Neapolitan Casserole.

Here's the recipe: Saute' 1/2 green pepper (diced) 1 small onion (diced), 2 T. butter. Add hamburger. Brown.

Combine: 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can tomato soup, 1 cup water, 1/2 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper, 1/2. paprika,, 1 T. worchestershire sauce or A-1 sauce. Add to beef and simmer. Add cooked egg noodles, stir together and pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake @ 375 for about 30 minutes.


I am wearing...jeans & a tee

I am creating...a big to-do list for work and home. I can still get sidetracked and unorganized, but without a list, I would be totally lost!

I am looking forward to...Senior Dinner on the 30th. It is my favorite part of graduation {besides the actual graduating part, of course}. It is very personal and more relaxed. A great night with our special graduate and his classmates.

I am learning...that everything doesn't have to be perfect {my perfect}. This is hard for me because I want things to go as I plan them or think they should be, but I am slowly learning as I get older that it's okay if things take a different route, and I'm learning to just accept that and be okay with it. I guess I just expect people/things to be be a certain way or maybe it is wanting things my way, in any event, I am {slowly} learning to go with the flow more....slowly being a key word here! :O)

Around the house...our washer is broken! After much thought, I decided to try having it repaired as opposed to tossing it out. It is only 6 years old, and Sears has a great protection plan (or seems like it anyway). I guess we'll see about that.....

A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things...watching movies! Last night, Peter & I watched Safe Haven on ppv. We both loved it!! Another one of my favorite things...Peter {{{loves}}} chick flicks! :O) :O)



A few plans for the rest of the week...work, Direct TV coming in on Saturday (that is another loooonnnnggg story), Mother's Day......also, pick up Mom today and make sure she rests. She is having laser surgery on varicose veins in her legs. Hopefully, after they are taken care of, she can have her much needed knee surgery.

A peek into my day...

off to work....:O)

30 Day Blog Challenge: The Simple Woman's Day Book

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...