Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chevron & Shelves

My latest DIY project involves more chevron and yet another monogram....two of my favorite things!


This was a super easy project that turned great....all you need is a frame {I used a 5x7}, a piece of fabric, and a painted letter {and a hot glue gun, of course!}.
I finally got around to putting the shelves up in the kitchen, and this was a perfect addition to one of the shelves.
I saw this idea on Pinterest awhile back:

and decided to do a copy cat on a corner wall in our kitchen.
Here is the space I was working with:

While I really love the look of the inspiration corner shelves, I only had room for small single shelves.

My $1.78 ea. Target deal!!
I must admit this project took longer than I had expected. Peter put 3 of them up, but the perfectionist in me, kind of took them down and rehung them {they were not perfectly level and it would bug me every time I looked at them}. I really love how it turned out!










BEFORE:


AFTER:


I really love grey chevron, and have managed to add a little of it in several rooms in the house. I recently de-did this tray....

which looks so good with the aqua blue and white in my craft room/office/den {{{{still looking for a shorter name for this room}}}}.
 :O)

30 Day Blog Challenge: my next DIY/craft project and decorating

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...