Friday, December 21, 2012

Favorite Kitchen Gadgets & Cookies

It's December 21st and I still haven't started baking yet. I do have all the ingredients on the counter ready to make a batch of M&M cookies tonight. Our family doesn't have a very big sweet tooth, but we do have a few Christmas favorites. Nathan asked for M&M cookies, Peter likes White Macadamia Chip, and I {love} Chewy Chocolate Cookies. I made a batch of those a few weeks ago for the soup kitchen, and snuck a few just for me! :O) Thought I'd share the recipe for this easy holiday cookie.

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

1-12 oz. bag semi-sweet morsels
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 t. vanilla
walnuts

In suacepan, melt together chips, milk, & butter. Stir in flour. vanilla, & chopped nuts.
I love this Pampered Chef Chopper. I use this instead of my processor for little things like chopping nuts for cookies.

 
I also love this small scooper, another Pampered Chef product I use often. I use the larger one for ice cream, and this one makes the perfect size cookie.
Scoop out batter on cookie sheet,
My most favorite Pampered Chef product....my baking stone. This thing bakes cookies perefectly! It's a little worn, but that just makes it bake stuff even better.
Bake @350 degrees for 7 minutes.The batter is very soft, but this is what makes the cookie so chewy.
 
Let the cookies cool on a rack and they will firm up. So good!!!
 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...