Saturday, December 8, 2012

5Q Friday....Dec 07

1. How many times have you moved and do you have any tips?

Pinned Image
I  moved a couple of times as a child. My parents grew up in the town we all live in now, but they moved to Williamsburg for 4 years while Dad attended William & Mary. While they were in Williamsburg, they had me. When I was 3, Dad got a teaching job on the Eastern Shore of Va, so we moved there for about a year, before moving back to our hometown when I was four. We lived in a rental house until I was six, then we moved into our new home, where I lived until I graduated from high school and married Peter. Peter and I rented for 8 years, before moving into the home we have now. Logan was 2-1/2 when we moved in, so we've been here now for almost 23 years.



2. Do you have a budget for the holidays, or just keep sliding the credit card and have a heart attack in Jan?

Pinned Image
source
We {I}, make a budget, but sometimes we go over a bit on the boys. We don't charge anything for Christmas {except for an item or two from QVC....gotta love easy pay!}


3. What is the one medical thing you avoid like the plague?



I'm sure I can speak for most women here, I'm not a huge fan of that dreaded yearly physical....



4. What your least favorite Christmas song?


The wonderfully kitschy 1950s sleeve for the (hugely underrated :D) "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" album. #Christmas #record #1950s #fifties #retro #kitsch #album #cover

I'm not a big fan of  "Dominick the Donkey" or "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" .........



5. This Christmas are you spending more, less or about the same? Why?
 
We are spending about the same since our gift list hasn't changed much from last year.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...