Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Simple Woman's Day Book - May Edtion

May Daybook - Saturday 5/19/12
Outside my window-it is sunny and warm. A beautiful spring day!
I am thinking- about projects I want to do around the house this fall....fun planning!
I am thankful- for a job that I love! It is starting to get busy, and the phone is ringing non stop, but I love it......
In the kitchen- I actually don't have to cook today!! YAA!! I had the day off yesterday so I cooked a huge meal with enough for left-overs today. I made Swiss Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Squash, & Rolls.
Rolls are rising.....I grew up on these things! YUM!!! Although they are not from scratch, they are still delish!
I am wearing- my pjs....I'm about to jump in the shower....gotta get ready for work.
I am creating- hmmmm...not much creativity going on these days. Work starts....crafts/projects slow down.
I am going- to be working every day from now until October.........
I am reading- The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson {well I've started it anyway} 
I am hoping- that the weather doesn't get too bad down south. Logan is heading north with the two barges and there is a possible tropical storm in the making {Alberto-1st one of the year}.
I am looking forward to- school ending. Nathan is ready to call it a year. I can't believe he graduates next year!!!
Around the house- we are painting the kitchen ceiling and trim and changing out the lights.
A favorite quote for the day-
One of my favorite things- manicures! Had one yesterday....my friend Wanda and I meet every two weeks @ Andrea's to get manis/pedis. It's pretty much the only time we get to see each other.

...don't they look great!?
A few plans for the rest of the week- this week is pretty much over, but I mostly see work, work, and work in my future! Do you see the theme here {work}.
A peek into my day-
Peter has planted the tomato and pepper plants. They are really growing fast! Last year, he only did tomatoes and they really did well. We had tomatoes until November! This year he added two pepper plants and a 4th tomato plant. He really enjoys taking care of them and having an abundance of tomatoes. YUM!
Week #19 - 52 photos in 52 weeks: GROW

1 comment:

allisamazing said...

What a lovely post! I love Swiss Steak and yours looks delicious. I think I will be adding it to my menu for next week :)

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...