Friday, January 21, 2011

Recipe 3 Pork Loin Roast w/ Barbecue Sauce

Recipe #3 Jan 15, 2011 My family loves anything bbq and one of DH favorite places to eat is Famous Dave's! I've always made bbq chiken, ribs, pork, etc. smothered in homemade saucy bbq sauce, but thought I'd try a more traditional recipe that has more of a vinegar based flavor. It was a HUGE hit!! I served it with baked potatoes and cole slaw the first day, then made sliders topped with our favorite bottled bbq sauce the second day. I found the recipe online, but failed to bookmark the site. We give this recipe an A+. Pork Loin Roast w/ Barbecue Sauce Ingredients: 1 pork loin roast (I used approx. 2-1/2- 3 lbs) 1/4 cup sugar 2 t. paprika 2 t. salt 1/2 t. pepper 1/2 t. garlic powder 1 t. onion powder ( 1 used 1 chopped onion instead) 1 T. worcestershire sauce 1/2 t. hot sauce 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 cup vinegar 1 cup water Place pork loin in roasting pan. In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil . Spoon half the sauce over pork, reserving the remaining sauce to baste later. Roast pork loin covered for 2-1/2 hrs in a 325 degree oven or until meat has an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Baste frequently with remaining sauce.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...