Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2020 Word of the Year: BALANCE

My word for 2020 is BALANCE ✨

I noticed this holiday season that the calendar was slammed with parties, activities, to-dos, and gatherings - pretty much something every day in December. While I enjoy all of it, I also LOVE being home, slowing my pace, being with my family, and even enjoying some quiet time just for me. I ended up only choosing a handful of things that I absolutely wanted to do and didn’t stress about not getting to everything. I stretched out the holiday fun with the kids and get togethers with my family and friends over the entire month and just enjoyed the slower, laid back pace so much. I can honestly say it was one of the best (less stressed) Christmases ever. As I get older, I realize how important BALANCE is for my well-being, that it’s okay to say no to things when your plate is too full and it’s ok to not be doing something 24/7. Rest is good, quiet is good, and being home is good. This doesn’t mean I won’t still be busy because I love doing things with and for my family and friends, I enjoy my job, (which keeps me busy all summer), I love taking part in church and town activities, I love cooking big family dinners, I enjoy our home so much and love doing things around the house. BUT...my goal in 2020 is to find more BALANCE in the midst of all the busyness and just slow down and enjoy when I can, and I’m looking for less guilt when it comes to that way-too-full calendar and endless to-do list. 


#goals

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...