Monday, September 25, 2017

Martha & Marley Spoon: Glazed Sesame Drumsticks

The first meal from my latest meal subscription box [that I overlooked pausing!] was 


Photo for the dish: Grilled Harissa-Spiced Steak with Onion, Pita & Tomato Salad

[I completely forgot to get a picture, so I'm using the site's pic.]

Kayla and I ate the two steaks that came with the meal kit and I added an extra steak for Peter . There was enough salad for the 3 of us, and I fixed us all a baked potato on the side. I was skeptical when making the salad but it was delicious!!! The steaks were awesome as well! We all agreed...this meal was a win!!

Today, I made meal #2 from the box......


Glazed Sesame Drumsticks w/ Miso-Butter Carrots & Kale


IT WAS YUMMY!!!!
The hoisin sauce and fresh ginger made the perfect sauce for the sweet & sticky chicken, and the miso-butter added so much flavor to the carrots and kale. This dish was perfect served over jasmine rice!

INGREDIENTS

3/4 cup jasmine rice
4 drumsticks
2 T butter
2 tsp. miso
1 oz. rice vinegar
1 oz. fresh ginger
8 oz. carrots
3 oz. baby kale
2 oz. hoisin sauce
2 T. toasted sesame seeds

salt, pepper, olive oil, sugar

Instructions on how to make it [HERE]

Again, I can't say enough about these boxed meals. If you love good food and don't mind doing a little cooking, I recommend giving them a try! I have tried several, and this one is one of my favorites! 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...