Not familiar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping? Bought my first two items on Amazon yesterday. I plan to be busy ordering on Cyber Monday though!
2) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now? There is one slice of pumpkin pie in there (that may or may not get eaten today!).
3) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner? Nope, we went just up the street for dinner at my parent's house again this year.
4) Keith Richards likes France but, alas, the French authorities haven't always been fond of him and his criminal record. Have you ever been to France? I dream of France!!
5) Mick Jagger jokes that, to be polite to fellow hotel guests, he always finishes trashing his room by 10:00 PM. What kind of hotel/motel guest are you? Are you rockstar rambunctious, or are you quiet? Are you neat? Have you stolen any towels, bathrobes, etc.? I am an awesome hotel guest. I (we) keep our room clean while staying and rarely even have to call front desk for anything. I've never taken anything from the hotel (except our first towel animal at Disney, and, of course, the pen & paper on the desk). I love a hotel pen! :o)
6) Mick Jagger got his financial savvy as a student at the London School of Economics. Are you good with money? I think I do pretty good managing money. Peter and I have different ideas on spending (slowly getting on the same page), and I have been called frugal (tight) many times our marriage. I don't think that is bad thing though. I'm always trying new ways to budget and recently saw this idea for saving $$ for Christmas shopping. I plan to do this next year!
7) In the early 1990s, a then little-known actress named Angelina Jolie appeared in a Rolling Stones video ("Anybody Seen My Baby?"). Name an Angelina Jolie movie. I am not the biggest Angelina fan, but I would like to see Maleficent.
8) In the early 1960s, the Stones nearly avoided tragedy when their tour bus skidded off a bridge. Tell us about a near miss you're thankful for. When Logan was a teen, he fell overboard between the dock and boat (that was running). Fortunately there were people nearby that immediately scooped him out of the water. I try not to think of this incident too often.
9) In 1966, when this week's song was popular, CBS telecast How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the first time. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss story? I love Dr. Suess books, but my new favorite is:
Oh The Places You'll Go! (blog post)