Monday, November 17, 2014

more organizing....



I'm slowly, but surely, moving through the house....cleaning, organizing, sorting, tossing, and donating. I have managed to get rid of over 100 items and counting!!

Our Bedroom:
-while fall cleaning our bedroom, I cleaned out the closet and got rid of clothes, shoes, and bags. I also went through our clothes in the attic and now have several bags for Goodwill.

-we put new white wood blinds in the bedroom (as well as the living room, bathroom, and kitchen). LOVE!!!

-need/want: things for the walls-I still haven't hung anything! I'm also looking for a white trellis mirror for the top of my dresser and maybe two small side table lamps.

Front Room (aka craft room/office/den):
-I culled over all of my craft stuff and also got rid of a few books, and a couple of candles/holders.

-I fall cleaned this room and rearranged the furniture. We also had our computer repaired. I love that room again. :O)

-need/want: a new wall clock (I have my eye on one @ World Market).
Chantal Oval Vertical Iron Clock

I also love this one too.....for my bookcase in the living room....
Black Metal Darcy Easel Clock

Bathroom:
- I cleaned out the closet area, the medicine cabinet, and under the sink. I threw LOTS of stuff away in this room! In the closet area (space behind my tub wall), I put in dividers amd rolled the towels/washcloths to save space. I also took out the basket of {junk} and replaced it with two white containers I got at Target. Much better!

                                                                       {before}
top shelf

most of this stuff was expired or I never use!
 
{after}


one bin for extra toothpaste/toothbrushes/deodorant/q-tips
the other bin holds travel size stuff and my nail stuff
 
saw this idea on pinterest for towel storage:
 
source: Pinterest
 
 
here is my version.....



- Besides the new blind, I bought a new shower and window curtain. I also bought a new shower curtain rod, hooks, and curtain rod (in brushed nickel). I had planned to paint the bathroom, but decided to put it over the shelf until after the holidays.
Creative Bath™ Ruffles Shower Curtain




Shower Curtain @ JCPenney





Threshold™ Dot Jacquard Curtain Panel - Gray (54x84")Window Curtain (bought one 84" panel- having it split into two panels and cut off to fit bathroom window). @ Target

- need/want: nothing really, except a fresh coat of paint! I've had the same Spiced Vinegar (yellow-y tan) paint in there forever!

Living Room:
- cleaned out the closet and got rid of a few jackets. Also, threw out more magazines.

-This room has just been redone, so nothing new needed (except the blind). While I framed one photo from the wedding, I seriously need to get on this!!! I still don't have anything hanging on the walls!

-need/want: WEDDING PICTURES...asap! Also, I begged asked Dad to make me an arrow (actually, I asked Peter and Dad both to make me one, but I'm still waiting).
source: pinterest


Dad mentioned it yesterday, so maybe there is one in the works. (*show him this Mom!) :O)

100 Things: Cookbooks
100 Things=Junk Drawer
100 Things=100 Days


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...