Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book: July


Outside my window.....another comfortable day. It's July, but the temps are so nice, no humidity! A little overcast this morning......rain??

I am thinking......how weird this summer has been. Normally, I would be crazy, busy at work,  but since the fire at the restaurant (July 3), we've had to do some improvising. For now, we are down 3 rooms and the restaurant is closed indefinitely. I'm running a 5 room inn, doing a continental breakfast every morning, answering calls and emails from home,  and other than a housekeeper who works with me a few days a week, I'm pretty much alone at work. 

I am thankful....I am very thankful that no one was hurt, and that the fire did not spread to neighbors homes nearby. I am also thankful that I can still work. Things are definitely not the same, but I'm thankful that I can keep the b&b going through all of this.


In the kitchen....We finally had our first pot of steamed crabs for the summer! They were awesome! I picked the leftovers and will make a little crab salad today! YUM!!



I am wearing....capris and a tee....and flip flops!

I am looking forward to....hopefully, the restaurant opening back up before the season ends!!

Around the house.....I'm pretty much just keeping it clean, laundry done, and dishes washed....nothing more! Hopefully, FALL will inspire me to get back into organizing and doing projects.

A favorite quote of the day....Hebrews 6:19



One of my favorite things....

Stole this pic of Logan from Facebook.....on his new boat! To make the switch from the Gulf to up north, he's pulling 4 weeks. He also is now on the opposite tour of Nathan, so it will be awhile before the boys are back together again. Logan gets home on Wednesday and Nathan will leave!!
Nathan's truck with new liner....like! :0

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...