Saturday, June 25, 2011

Good Ole Summertime......

Relax & Surf Sunday#ff63e0


Summer~~~~what a great time of year! I'm very busy at the b&b, but busy means that business is good! I know I've said this before, but I really do enjoy my job. We get so many nice guests, some of which I've become good friends with and alot that return each year to stay at our inn. Summer also means SCHOOLS OUT!!!!! Sorry, didn't mean to yell, but Nathan ( & I) were so ready for summer break. He does have a summer job though -taking care of 4 yards {mowing/trimming}. The rest of his time is spent playing basketball, playing games on his PS3, watching baseball with his Pop, or riding his new Zuma scooter.
Nathan giving Logan a ride.One of my favorite things about summer is the food.......softshell crabswatermelon, icecream & pineapple ice, and yummy desserts like Lemon Lush! Nathan usually asks for Lemon Lush instead of a cake for his birthday{Happy 16th!!!}. It is sooooo good, the perfect summer dessert. I'll post the recipe later. Another favorite summer food is tomatoes. Peter {loves} them! I finally talked him into planting his own little garden this year, and it is growing nicely. He is getting big, ripe tomatoes off the vines everyday. Dinner today: fried soft shell crabs, coleslaw, potato salad, tomatoes, watermelon, & sweet tea...YUM!
I can't talk about summer and not mention how much I love the beach. I've just been too busy to go much so far, but I hope to fit some time in for it soon. After all, summer will just fly by and it'll be fall again before we know it. Can you believe the 4th of July is only a week away?????

1 comment:

J Rodney said...

Time is flying by so fast!

I am your newest follower, and I would like to invite you to the Follow Us Monday Morning blog hop at Frugality Is Free.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...