Sunday, July 20, 2014

book club: week #2




Book Club Week 2
Chapters 3 & 4

(1) Have you lost your mother? I'm sure some of you have. How have you dealt with the grief of that? How has it affected your own motherhood?
I still have my Mom and I am fortunate enough to live just minutes away. We talk every morning for at least an hour, to chit chat and just to see what we each have planned for the day. :0)

(2) Lisa- JO shares about Colleen, a friend who showed her that motherhood could be fun and not slow her down and inspired her to be a mother herself. Did you have a friend pre-motherhood who showed you how great it was to be a mom?

My Mom was my inspiration. I was so fortunate to have such an amazing role model. I watched her and learned from her and hoped to some day be half the mother she was/is.

I also was fortunate to meet up with Wanda, my now friend of 26 years. Way back in 1988, we met while we were both pregnant with our first child {due date 2 weeks apart}. We immediately became friends and scheduled every doctor's appointment together {until she had Whitney 6 weeks early....I did eventually get over it}. We were both young mothers who were trying to do things by the book, yet have fun and enjoy our babies at the same time. We gave each other advice, and helped each other through the rough days. Logan and Whitney spent lots of time together, and Wanda and I enjoyed all the things we got to do with our kids {including the infamous beach day}.....LOL. We had our second child a year apart, and now, we are going through yet another stage in motherhood....empty nest.

It is very important to have role models and friends & family you can count on for support and advice. Motherhood is not easy, but the rewards are priceless.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...