Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Simple Woman's Day Book - October Edition



FOR TODAY
Outside my window... the sun is finally shining again! After a dreary, chilly, weekend our beautiful, mild, fall weather is back!

I am thinking... how awesome it is to finally be home. :O)

I am thankful... for a great year at the b&b, and how lucky I am to have a job I really love. It doesn't hurt that I only work half of the year and get to stay home the other half!

In the kitchen... I had taco fixings left over from yesterday's dinner, so I made taco salad for lunch!-YUM!

I am wearing... jeans & a white tee

I am creating... a huge list of things I need to buy this fall for our home. Once I start fall cleaning {which I already did}, there are always things I need to finish off the room. Today, I'm finishing up Nathan's room, and his closet needs more bins for storage, which I've been looking for online.

I am going... to book our trip for next February asap! We {Peter & I} will be heading back to WDW mid-February. Disney released their discounts this morning and it looks as though we will be getting FREE DINING!!! More plans to follow......

I am wondering... how Logan is doing.....his boat is in the Gulf, so he's out of cell phone range. Miss his phonecalls...... 

I am reading... nothing.....I haven't read anything in ages....it's on my to-do list!

I am looking forward to... our trip to Annapolis!!

Around the house... there is so much to be done. I finished up work on Monday and started right in with the fall cleaning yesterday. I will finish Nathan's room in a bit. I want to get all the cleaning done and we are having new windows put in....then I can settle back and enjoy the holiday season! :O)

A favorite quote for today...
<3


One of my favorite things... spending time with friends! Yesterday, I finally got to spend a little time with my BFF Wanda. We have been friends since we were pregnant with our oldest kids. We meet twice a month to get our nails done {another favorite thing}, which we did yesterday, but we also added a trip to the ice cream shop to get some pumpkin ice cream {another favorite thing}, then went to a friend's Signature party. It's always nice when we can get together, our lives have gotten way too busy, so it's always good to get caught up {do we ever really get caught up though?}.
Yes, yesterday was a good day!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: more fall cleaning, church tonight, senior parent meeting tomorrow, nothing on the calendar for the weekend.

A peek into my day...
Nathan is selling all the games he never plays @ Amazon.com
He did a trade-in and will earn a $$$ Amazon Gift Card. This is our first time using Amazon, as we usually use GameStop, but the trade-in values were much higher with Amazon. I'll report on this later to see how it goes. They provide prepaid postage for shipping, I just need to get them boxed up and mailed today.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...