Saturday, October 13, 2018

[october getaway]


10.09.18

We both had annual doctor visits scheduled for Wednesday, but we went the evening before and made it a multi-purpose getaway! :O) We are doing a little home project this fall and needed to pick out some supplies. Our bay window needs replacing, and we ultimately decided on putting a standard double window in it's place. Problem is our siding is not matchable so we needed to find an alternative. I loved the idea of adding stone veneer siding to that section of the house, so we were on a mission to find some that worked. We struck out big time at Lowes and found something that might work at Home Depot, but no samples, and would have to be ordered online from pictures. :O(  We weren't sold on that idea, so we were going to keep looking. I also had chosen a pretty color for the front door but was having trouble finding it. 

After some shopping, we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse - 
their rolls, steaks, & fried pickles---yummmm!

I was so excited that we were fitting in a movie! It's been months!!! Perfect timing--I had won a Regal gift card playing bingo at the TVFD dinner! :O)

I had heard awesome reviews about A STAR IS BORN!

My review: Lady Gaga was simply amazing!!!!! The star for sure!! I loved Bradley Cooper too, and the storyline was heart wrenching, but such a great story and.....I really want to download the soundtrack. 

BUT>>>>>>I was VERY VERY disappointed by the language and the amount of it in this movie. If I had the chance to do it over again, having known about the language I would have skipped it, even though it was a great movie!! 

We went to the late movie so we didn't get out of the theater until after 1 a.m. (and could quite possibly been the only 2 people left there) LOL, plus, we hadn't made a hotel reservation LOL. The older I get the more laid back I seem to be getting!! LOL We ended up at our old stand-by --Sleep Inn...which we always love! 

10.10.18

We both had good check ups at the doctor and since we had fasted for blood work, we were ready for a good lunch. LOL 

Lunch at Don's Seafood hit the spot! :O)

We talked about our house project over lunch.  Neither of us were satisfied with our options so far. Peter suggested driving down to Onancock Building Supply to see what they had. They did have the stone veneer, but once we saw the cedar shake siding option, we knew that's what we wanted!! :O)


We chose the Weathered Blend color and I really hope it turns out as nice as it looks in my head. LOL
I asked about the paint color I had picked out for the front door, and as soon as I said the word, CYPRESS, she knew exactly what I was talking about. It is actually a siding color option, but they had the paint numbers and mixed me up a quart. WIN WIN!

A quick Walmart run, then a few hours with Kamry and Lindsey. I picked her up a Trolls toy and some treats which she loved! We played and chatted and went outside on the swingset. I love our little visits - no matter how short & sweet! 






We missed seeing Logan as he was crew changing and had gotten a later start than they planned. 
Kamry was soooo happy to see him later that evening though.....

<3 <3 <3

What a great little getaway! 
Dinner, a movie, a night in a hotel, shopping, and a little visit with family---
it always does me a world of good!!! <3


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...