Friday, February 17, 2012

Garlic Lime Chicken

I tried a new recipe for dinner today. It was soooooo good...and easy! I served this yummy Garlic Lime Chicken with some penne noodles w/ butter & fresh parmesan cheese and a salad!! My version of 30-minute meals! :O) I also just recently discovered my new favorite salad dressing- Creamy Poppyseed. I know it's been out there forever, but I just started buying it after eating the best salad in the entire world at Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom. My bottle of Kraft doesn't quite measure up to Y&Y's version of poppyseed dressing, but it's as close as we'll get to it until we return next year! Hope you'll give this meal a try!!

Garlic Lime Chicken


3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves


2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 lime


1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute lightly. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side-turn frequently. Sprinkle with the juice of half of the lime. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce. Serve with lime slices as garnish.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...