Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011.....part 1

my favorite new ornament-2011
Wow! I can't believe another Christmas has come and gone! I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or if it's that life has just gotten wayyyyy too busy, but I do know that time just seems to fly by! As I pulled out my new 2012 calendar this morning, I couldn't help but look back at the month of December and think about how hectic it always is. Every fall, when I start to plan for the holidays, I think that this year will be different.....less stressing about buying the perfect gift and not wanting to forget anyone, trying to fit in the many holiday activities, the cards, the wrapping, the baking, the dinners, the church services, finding time to watch Christmas movies, trying to fit in some special time with all of my family, the list just goes on and on!! But then I thought about how much I love all of these things, and how each of these things, along with the most important part of the season, the birth of our Saviour, are what make each Christmas so very special to me and it's these things that make each year so memorable. I had the most wonderful holiday, and I actually got to have 3 different Christmas celebrations!
Here's a look at our December 2011:
Dec 1: We bought our very 1st live tree! Peter was skeptical at first, but he loved it as much as I did. A new tradition has been added!

Dec 3: Nathan is a member of our town's fire department. We kicked off the month with their parade. He loves being a part of the department and rarely misses a call! He received a "Rookie of the Year" award in October. We are so proud of him.

Dec 14: another highlight, our church's monthly prayer breakfast was held at a local restaurant. Mom and I went together, it was wondeful. The owner did an amazing job on the table setting, the music, and of course the food. It was a great time of fellowship and sharing. I hope this will become a yearly tradition! It also made Mom's birthday {Dec 12} a little extra special.

My favorite craft project this year was the shutter card holder I made. It worked out great for displaying all of the beautiful cards we received and I got so many complements on it!


Dec 17-18: Peter & I went to MD for some shopping, and dinner & a movie. We also drove to Ocean City to see the Festival of Lights for the first time. We got home late Sunday, just in time to hear the church choir Cantata that night. Then the last few days before Christmas were spent cooking, last minute wrapping, parties at school {Nathan got out for break on Dec 22}, and watching a few Christmas movies, and just hanging out with the family.

part 2 coming up...................

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...