Sunday, February 23, 2014

getting back to normal.....

My life has been crazy since the holidays. The carpenter started on January 13th and the house has been a complete mess for the past month. Throw in a vacation and an upcoming wedding and you have one overwhelmed/flustered/preoccupied/tired lady. Well, actually, the vacation part was awesome! We had a great time and it was a much needed break from all the chaos of the house project. We got home last Sunday and he was almost finished.He worked this week on the built-in and another ceiling, and completed the job on Friday! He has done a great job and we are very happy with how everything turned out. Mom came down a couple of mornings this week to help sort through everything, and I spent all day Friday and Saturday painting the last of the moulding, cleaning and scrubbing, putting things back where they belong, washing windows and hanging curtains. A big plus to having the work done.....a jump start on my Spring Cleaning! :0)
I haven't had any extra time for blogging and I have really missed it. Blogging is therapy for me....and right now, I feel like I need a little therapy!
I like things neat and organized and I like having somewhat of a routine. A month of chaos and mess has been harder on me than I expected! And, in the meantime, I've been planning the shower, which is coming up on Saturday.
It seemed a little crazy to take a vacation right in the middle of it all, but it actually turned out to be the best thing. We not only had a good time, but we got away from the cold weather for awhile.
I want to do a before/after of everything, but I still need a few things to complete each room.
Here is a sneak peek of the bedroom:
new headboard

New trellis pattern curtains
yellow, gray, and white pillows
(had these already)


I bought a white comforter that I can't decide if I really like or not. As of now, my bed isn't set off yet.........I need to make a decision soon and wrap this project up!
 I'll post {after} pictures as soon as the bedroom is complete.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...