Thursday, June 27, 2013

VBS Day 3 + Program

To be completely honest, my week at VBS has been a whirlwind! I don't know if it was the limited time we had with the kids each day, or because it wasn't the usual Bible School set-up, or if it was that the kids just got out of school last week, or that I am another year older, whatever the reason, up until tonight's program, I wondered if the kids had gotten anything at all out of Bible School this year.
But tonight, I was so proud of them as they stood there and sang their hearts out and did all of the motions to the fun songs we had learned. From the youngest to the oldest, they put their all into tonight's program with a big smile on their faces. Even though it had been a hectic, noisy, unorganized week, the message the kids brought tonight, through their singing, was the sole purpose of VBS and in fact, they had learned quite a bit this week!

VBS Day 3
I left my camera home! :O(

Our craft was: Prayer Rocks
We gave them a list of words {Peace, Love, Faith..} to choose from to write {with colored Sharpies} on their rock. I had something like this in mind:
{Bible School} fruit of the spirit stones
Only a couple of the kids got creative {I wish I had gotten a picture because they were so cute!}The majority of the kids just printed their word on the rock. It really didn't matter though if it was fancy or not, the rock was meant to be a reminder, a reminder to PRAY!
I also printed out this to go along with the rock:
{Bible School} Prayer Rock Poem
Hopefully, they will keep the rock on their dresser or on the bathroom sink, or somewhere where they will see it. Sometimes in our busy day, things as simple as a rock, will help us to remember to do things like pray or read our Bible.

Our snack:
Mom made brownies for our snack, and she brought pretzels & soda. We played a quick memory game, then, we went over to church for our last night with Mountain Moses Ministries.

Tonight, we had our VBS closing program. It was in memory of Reese. The kids sang a few of her favorite songs, then ended with the songs they had learned this week. I think their favorite {and mine} was "Jesus Is My Super Hero".

He's the one who makes the sun shine. He's the one who puts the moon in the sky. He's the one who hung the stars one by one.

He's the one who makes the birds sing. He's the one who makes your dreams so high. He's the one who makes me smile day by day.

[Chorus]
Jesus you're my superhero. You're my star, my best friend. Jesus you're my superhero. You're my star, my best friend.

Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than Spiderman. Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than Superman. Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than Batman. Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than anyone.

[Chorus]
Jesus you're my superhero. You're my star,my best friend. Jesus you're my superhero. You're my star, my best friend. Jesus you're my Superhero. You're my star, my best friend. Jesus you're my superhero. You're my star, my best friend.

Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than Yu-Gi-Oh.
Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than Barbie. Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than Actionman. Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. Better than everyone.


[Chorus]
Jesus you're my superhero. You're my star, my best friend. Jesus you're my superhero. You're my star, my best friend.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...